the company of wolves

August 05, 2008


"Little girls, this seems to say, never stop upon your way, never trust a stranger friends, no-one knows how it will end!
As you're pretty, so be wise!
Wolves may lurk in every guise!
Now, as then, it's simple truth, sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth!"

I saw an advert for The Company of Wolves in Empire and it's one of the best reminders i've ever had of a film i'd long forgotten.
I remember watching this as a little'n, half stuck to the screen, half hiding under my duvet.
I've always been like that, but i'm not a fan of horror, more, fantastical creepiness.

I found that it's based on Angela Carter's book of short stories, The Bloody Chamber, which i have read half of!
Happy accidents.
I shall have to buy this little beauty.

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.