happy hunting

September 04, 2008

My birthday gift. Amazing. Truly amazing
My rentals looked at me funny when i proclaimed that i love the sound they produce. Infamously known for crackling and buzzing, turntables aren't the most clear sounding machines...but i love 'em.
Nostalgia junkie. That's what i am.
So i've spent the last week, listening and trying desperately not to scratch/fingerprint/break the small number of LPs i nabbed from my parent's collection in the loft, plus a few extras. Biffy Clyro Mountains on vinyl...oh so nice. The Blue Nile on vinyl...OH SO NICE!
I will be raiding Grouchos as soon as i get back to uni, which is becoming ever closer.
Bleurgh, 7am starts. An ungodly hour. Truly.


Few books read since the last entry:
A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov - i don't know if i was missing something but it was the most tedious and unrewarding 157 pages i have ever read. Yuck
The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - Lovely. A twist i wasn't expecting and that's always welcome. More people should write letters.
The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks - It goes down as one of my favourite reads, even if it deeply unsettles me. Awesome turn of events at the end. Read this one please.
And just now i am in the midst of Paul Auster's Mr Vertigo. I couldn't tell you how i feel about it yet, i'm only 60 pages in.

Other news. I have no other news. Just something that made me laugh:




nalband - always assuming

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.