jedes herz ist eine revolutionäre zelle

September 28, 2008

"Every heart is a revolutionary cell"

Have you ever felt better for having seen a film?
Every now and then i get to.
I've been trying to see The Edukators for at least 3 years now and i really wasn't let down last night when i finally did. Bless film 4 and its rare showings of fantastic films. I was absolutely knackered and really considered missing out on it but after five minutes i was pretty much done for. It has reaffirmed my love of German cinema (FOPP, how i miss your collection!), now to buy it and more filmic wonders featuring Daniel Bruhl. Goodbye Lenin! was the origin of my adoration and already sits in my shelves along with The Bourne Ultimatum.

On October 9th, his latest film Krabat will be released in Germany and it fills me with geeky glee to know it'll be out there. If you have a love of world cinema and fantasy, i recommend you seek this out.

You can see the trailer for it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNaZICIRw04
But a better quality version can be found here, however without subtitles: http://www.krabat-blog.de/blog/trailer/

Now i'm itching to buy more foreign films, dammit.

I should have some new work for here soon, just trying to remember how to draw people in the mean time. Someone kick my arse next Summer and make me work please?



ben e. king - stand by me

Sarah said...

No probs, petal, I'll kick your arse six ways to Sunday if you'll just get out of your bed early enough for me to do it!

Damnit girl, you sound so much cooler than me with your foreign films and random beetle art. I'm going to have to develop an obscure interest just so I can appear, well, interesting.

S xx

Louise Boyd said...

And what have we learned?
Not to make fun of your little sister for her obscure [pretentious] taste in the arts!

If i order millions of foreign movies, will you take them from the delivery man? Please oh please?

Can i link you? Am i allowed to link you?
I don't know why you don't let me read your stuff more often, it makes me feel dead stupid. Articulate, i be.

xx

Sarah said...

Articulate you is indeed. Linkage? Why the hell not, I might get some hits that way. Although, if I wasn't me I probably wouldn't read the blimmin' thing!

Also, why the hell do you think I'll be about/awake to answer the door. Schedule your deliveries for days when you're at home and get up ya lazy bugger.

Love you xx

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.