rattling bones

September 20, 2008

"Remember the light and believe the light, an instant of clarity before eternal night."

- The Tibetan Book of the Dead

Zane: Sex On Fire, it's a bold title!?
Caleb: Yeah, bold title. You know, we're getting so old we try to make people think we still have the sex drives that we did from years passed.
Zane: You're just trying to make up for all the unbridled honesty on the second record man, you're just like, you know, after a song like Soft you've gotta come out with Sex On Fire, you've gotta redeem yourselves man!
Caleb: Yeah, you know, I mean I think a lot of people expect a certain element of sex to our music and just kinda wanted to wrap it all up in the one song. There's appearances of sex throughout the record but this is the most blatant I would say...It just came from a melody I kinda wrote when I was at home kinda recovering from surgery and I knew the melody but I didn't know what I was gonna say and so we were in rehearsal one day, and i said "Your sex is on fire" and I thought it was absolutely ridiculous but the other guys thought it was a hook and I was like "Come on, man, I'm gonna have to be singing about someone's fiery sex for years man, thanks!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lELj_dO7OPs&NR=1
They get more love from me than most of my treasured bands
Loveable hick music magicians

Here now



anberlin - a day late

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.