Regeneration

March 05, 2009


I like these two.
I am however questioning my subject and it's relevance to the surrounding world. Yes, the destination of any child is important and especially in the context of Catholicism but really? There's a world of things going on just now and i'm not saying anything about them. I've managed to isolate my work into a realm of the unknown, the unanswerable and i'm not sure if that will ever make my work valuable in its meaning.
I dunno, this has all been sparked by a girl i watch on DA, who seems bright, talented and interesting. Three things i feel i don't live up to. Blah, why must i panic about massive questions before giving presentations!

I decided last year that i wanted my work to be a certain way, to have a certain aesthetic and meaning. I believe i live up to that decision, to a certain degree but i want it to be more. I want it to be 'Starless and Bible Black'.
I can but hope.

I'm going to mezzotint this Summer. Yay, for burnishing!



my cat snoring - the clock ticking

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.