appalachia

June 18, 2009


I've not been drawing a hell of a lot. Mostly 'cause i don't know what the hell to draw, so i've been filling my very first moleskine sketchbook with the usual quotes, images, absurd philosophy and illegible scribbles, to see if i can figure out what the hell my 4th year project will be.
I always wonder if other artists torture themselves this much over what their work will be or they just do it and see what happens. The latter seems like a much more forgiving process.

Anyhow, the first image is a copy of Nikola Borissov's photograph 'Isabella I'. A lovely photograph that i've wanted to copy for a while and finally got round to. It still needs some work but i've decided to leave it be. I get like that with drawings, let them alone for long enough and they just seem to finish themselves.
The second drawing is from my moleskine, the children are actually Regina Spektor as a wee girl. I'm not really a fan but she was an incredible looking kid. She reminds me of one those children you see in the World War photographs.



watching: carnivale

Anonymous said...

Your drawings are absolutely beautiful; you are clearly so very talented.
But, I can't read your words! The font is about 6px on my screen and I would like to know what you are writing.

Louise Boyd said...

Hopefully you'll be able to read this but i am so sincerely sorry that you cannot read the text on my blog. Others seem to have the same problem and i think PC's don't react well to the html '< small >' but even when i increase it, it is barely legible.
I will try to see if i can fix it but for now the only thing i can suggest is copying and pasting the text into a word document and increasing it there.

Thank you for the compliment, i'm very grateful for any support given =]

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.