inspiration information

June 28, 2009

Chloe Gough 'Slump'

Miss Gough is one of Duncan of Jordanstone's very own. She just graduated this year with a degree in Fine Art and Philosophy. I didn't manage to see her work at the degree show but found this on her website. It's arresting in its hopelessness but bears a sense of forced propriety, so as to not offend the observing company. And this is all without even seeing the crumpled woman's expression. Very interesting indeed.
I used to see Chloe around the printmaking department and was always interested to see what she was working away at and i'm ashamed to say that doesn't happen often for me in DOJ. Bad-mouthing my university. Shameful.
Have a look at her website. There's some pieces really worth seeing.



my brightest diamond - feeling good

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.