silversun

September 09, 2009

Hmm, so, yesterday was matriculation and that took all of two minutes.
Friday is our first meeting as 4th years and in-between the two is finding my studio - which a huge part of me hopes is in the huts so i can retain my hermit-like status - and claiming a space.
I did not feel like a 4th year whilst looking a the 4th year board. Not one little bit.

Also, if anyone has the chance, you should watch A Portrait of Scotland on BBC FOUR, presented and written than no other than Mister Peter Capaldi. It's a brilliant run through of the development of Scottish Art and Capaldi doesn't fail to hold your interest. Being a former Glasgow School of Art student himself and studying alongside no other than Peter Howson, he's able to speak in a perceptive and understandable way. Artists can more than often pick up on things that untrained eyes cannot and that's always nice to witness after the countless, mind-numbingly formulaic, suicidally boring art programmes out there. I wish they'd have shown me stuff like this in lectures. I might have stayed awake more often.



watching: gilmore girls

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.