blue notebooks

January 07, 2010

I'm currently lusting after this little beauty.
I haven't actually read Lord of the Flies but i've always meant to.
The thing is, i don't think i'd actually read this if i bought it. It'd just sit on my shelves and look pretty with all Sam Weber's wonderful illustrations just existing inside being wonderful.
Yes, i am indeed so ridiculous that i'd buy a book just to admire it. But if i had the cash, i'd collect all kinds of books. Rare ones, first edition ones, illustrated-by-artists-i-love ones.
But luckily, i'm but a lowly twenty two year old without a proper job to feed literary needs.
Otherwise, i'd be broke.
My Dad did however, gift me a first edition The Hunting of the Snark and a really lovely copy of The City of Beautiful Nonsense which is over a hundred years old i think.
They make the nerd in me giddy.

See more illustrations here.

max richter - horizon variations

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.