dust me off

January 29, 2010

A little advanced warning.
Over the next while i'll be trying to sort out my blog. I'm a little tired of the entire thing, so it'll be getting an overhaul to placate my pissyness.
Therefore, expect a mess.
I know, mostly, how i want it to look but i have this feeling it's only achievable in my head - like most things i want to do.
So this may take a while to figure out and actually format. My procrastination has reached new heights of ludicrous.
For now, i leave you with a duvet cover i can't afford to ship over from the US, (90 pounds worth of material and shipping is a bit too rich for my sleepy blood):

and a piece of music composed by John Murphy for Danny Boyle's stellar film, Sunshine, that i just can't stop listening to:

the city of prague philharmonic orchestra - adagio in D minor


I'm a sucker for a good movie score and has Danny Boyle ever made a bad movie?
Probably, but i'll ignore its existence.
dom said...

I bought the Sunshine soundtrack a few weeks ago and yeah, it's the soundtrack to my intergalactic travels now. It sounds like the kind of thing you'd want playing as you witnessed Venus passing in front of the sun (or was it mercury, I dunno) . I think Sunshine is my favourite Danny Boyle film becoz I love space and Cilian Murphy and it's such a beautiful film, it captivated me.

Louise Boyd said...

Like a kid in a Danny Boyle candy store. Bless your wee cotton space socks.
So it's worth the buy then? I was considering making a dent in my christmas voucher but i wasn't sure if it was worth it! As always, you've come through for the Boyd, Domatron.

I can't choose a favourite Danny Boyle film, there all so bloody different and wonderful. I have huge soft spot for A Life Less Ordinary though, the angels are just so mental. I'd like to be that mental, it looks painful but fun.

dom said...

I've not seen A Life Less Ordinary, I expect to be taken away by the film po-lice any moment now or at the least I'd expect a knock at the door and being greeted by a pent-up red faced Danny Boyle with a steel baseball bat and his sidekick ,method actor Cilian Murphy, who was really convincing as the sidekick because he'd been hanging around with other sidekicks for the past few months just for this role.

The soundtrack is.....I'm not sure. I haven't listened to it enough. I bought it just to get at the main 'theme'. And the only place I could find it was on iTunes and then I couldn't just buy the one song, I had to buy the whole album. Pssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The songs I wanted are worth it, for me atleast.

I'm enjoying the 'Moon' soundtrack aswell, which is another space film. I fear I may be a massive space-nerd.

Louise Boyd said...

If it helps, i've got a nebula on my wall.

Space is neat.

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.