animal arithmetic

May 13, 2010


Seriously bad blogging. It's more blog bombing than anything else.
But i had to post something about Jónsi, seeing as he's monopolising all my listening time right now.
I think like everyone else with an iota of feeling, i instantly fell in love with Sigur Rós the millisecond i heard them and until then i wasn't sure i could love anything of it's kind, more. But i do, it feels wrong saying it, almost like cheating on them but i fell in love harder with 'Go' than i ever did with Sigur Rós' repertoire. Saying that, 'Go' is like listening to the manic depressive embodiment of Sigur Rós finally letting go of their demons. And that really is as lovely as it sounds.
Therefore, i must draw a line between Jón Þór Birgisson's two musical ventures because they're both too bloody beautiful to compare.
Enough blithering, have a listen:

Jónsi - Go Do from Jónsi on Vimeo.

Emily Boyd said...

Gonna steal this album off dad and have a proper listen :) I've been listening on Spotify but I wanna see the album artwork :)

xxx

Sarah said...

Once again, I don't get it. They've been hammering this on the radio and I have to turn it off if I'm driving for fear I'll fall asleep at the wheel ;-)

Louise Boyd said...

Em - look around the website, there's some really lovely illustration and photography. Where do these super talented people come from and how do bands find them?! I want to play!

Sarah - You disturb me.

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.