cop killer

February 19, 2013

I must have been in completely the wrong headspace when i first listened to this album. 
I remember distinctly just glazing over the first few minutes and not regaining my focus until John Maus had finished doing his most, not that i knew it then, magical thing. 

This is the kind of album i want to wrap myself up in whilst watching some tense 80s mystery movies and drinking an industrial size glass of coke.
Specifically, one of their specially made coca-cola glasses.
Yes, that'd do nicely.
I can't believe i nearly missed this.
It frustrates me that my own stupid brain can conflict at certain times with music that i later realise feels like something i could never be without.
Like a limb.
Or an internet connection.
Think of all the music i've dismissed and may never find my way back to.
That's painful.
I want to hear all the music.
All of it.

Why do i always want the impossible?



Listening to: John Maus 'Believer'
© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.