were-week

February 12, 2013

Some of you may have noticed that next week is Werewolf Week on Film4.
I was very excited at the prospect of this. 
...
Then i saw what they were putting on.
What the hell, Film4?
Out of all the werewolf movies ever made, you choose these?

The Wolfman
Wolf
Eclipse?!
Underworld: Evolution
Dog Soldiers
Blood and Chocolate

Alright, fair enough with Wolf and Dog Soldiers but the rest? 
Taking the proverbial.
Even the first Underworld would have been an improvement!
Are you really a team of 14 year old fanboys/girls on a mission to blind us with as much lycanthropic crap as possible? 
I'm thinking, yes.
Film4, this is what you should be putting on:

The Ginger Snaps Trilogy 
(sure, the third one sucks but you've got to see it through to the end)
The Howling
The Company of Wolves
An American Werewolf in London
(duh...)
The Wolf Man
(1941)
Teen Wolf 1&2 
(don't you judge me)
Cursed 
(because it's hilarious)
Silver Bullet
I Was A Teenage Werewolf
Full Moon High
Ladyhawke 
(there's a minor wolf transformation but this may just be an excuse for me to watch it)
My Mom's A Werewolf
The Wolfman 
(animation by Tim Hope)


That's better. 
Feel free to tell me anything i've missed.
I'm sure i have.

Film4, you disappoint me.




Listening to: Swimming 'Pathalassa' 
© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.