the maze runner / hannibal

December 03, 2014


'He began his new life standing up, surrounded by cold darkness and stale, dusty air.'


The Maze Runner
(Page 1)


'With all my knowledge and intuition I could never entirely predict you. I can feed the caterpillar, I can whisper through the chrysalis, but what hatches follows its own nature and is beyond me.'


Su-zakana
(2 x 8)



One night.
Two unended endings.

One far more sublime than the other but both fostering a sputtering appetite for more.

If i could enforce the mandatory watching of Hannibal, i would.
In a heartbeat.
If only for lines like this to susurrate from the depths of Mads Mikkelson:

'Whenever feasible, one should eat the rude.'

...
Killer.

He's fast becoming my preferred Hannibal Lecter.
Brian Cox may sadly have to renounce the crown.
Anthony Hopkins can keep his overwrought mitts at bay.

Now i must watch Manhunter for the thousandth time to reassure myself that it'll all be okay.
...
ish.

In the words of the rapturous Mason Verger:

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.