twin atlantic - gold elephant::cherry alligator (part i)

June 04, 2016



Someone's been watching Scott Pilgrim vs. the World on the regular:

thatdude said...

I love Scott Pilgrim, both the movie and the comic.
Then again I can appreciate almost anything with a retro video game reference.
Except Adam Sandler movies.

Louise Boyd said...

When i saw Peter Dinklage was going to be in Pixels i was almost tempted to watch it but the Adam Sandler of it all killed it for me. I think i'll just watch SPvtW for the thousandth time. Favourite evil ex? I've gotta go with Lucas Lee.

thatdude said...

Movie I'd say Lucas Lee too but comic wise I'd have to say Todd, theres a great and much longer fight in a sort of department store in the book.
I looked for a parka that looks like Scott's for a long time then realised I look silly in a parka.

Louise Boyd said...

I know the fight and it is indeed glorious but i'm still with Lee, he's such a magnificent dick.

Question, how do you feel about Michael Cera? I go through these bouts of being desperately annoyed with his shtick and then remembering he's George Michael and all is well again.

thatdude said...

He's good in a few things and really boring in others.
I don't know how well I rate him as an actor but he fits some roles really well.
Ellen Paige has that problem too.

Louise Boyd said...

100% agree. Someone was suggesting her to play Clarice Starling if Hannibal ever starts back up again and Bryan Fuller gets the rights to the character. Initially i was on board but now i'm very, very against it. Give me Elisabeth Moss, please.

thatdude said...

I suppose that is just wishful thinking as Hannibal will never come back.
I could buy Elisabeth Moss more that Ellen Paige as Clarice. I mean Clarice is a good FBI agent who is pretty self assured, don't know if Paige could pull that off.

Louise Boyd said...

Hannibal could come back...

thatdude said...

... wishful thinking can be dangerous.

Louise Boyd said...

It stops my heart from breaking like Hannibal's beloved teacup.

thatdude said...

Want to know a secret?

I never watched Hannibal.

Louise Boyd said...

You disgust me.

thatdude said...

Thats what all the girls say :)

Louise Boyd said...

Hah! You gotta watch it though, it's necessary for living and then you can mourn its unforgivable cancellation - network murder - with me.

thatdude said...

I dunno, I've had my heart broken too many times before.

Louise Boyd said...

You know that thing i said about breaking your face? Well, here we go again! Consider it broken, dear sir, unless you mainline all three seasons of Hannibal as soon as bloody possible. You've been warned.

thatdude said...

Ok add Hannibal to the list (I really can't read Hannibal and not think of George peppard)
Also my face is nice, please not the face.
Break a few ribs why don't you?

Louise Boyd said...

The A-Team? How old are you?! Says the girl who loves watching M*A*S*H reruns.

I'm going to break five of your fingers, i don't know which yet, three of your toes, also undecided which i'm gonna smash, and half a kneecap. Okay? Okay.

thatdude said...

Not old enough to watch the A-Team when it was first aired (I'm 30)
but it was shown on reruns for 100 years and I may have watched it on Netflix at some point.

No, No and NO what is wrong with you?
I need fingers for gaming and writing
Toes for balance
and kneecaps for everything else

I gave you the choice of ribs or ribs.

I know kung fu.

Louise Boyd said...

I like to imagine you said that with Keanu's inflection.

How's about... 2 fingers, 3 toes, a rib and a shoulder? Sounds like i'm making human stew =/

thatdude said...

Tasty human stew.
Can I choose the fingers and the hand?
Ok we have a deal.

I sort of said it as Keanu and as Chuck from Chuck.

Louise Boyd said...

The whole of Chuck is on Netflix and i can't seem to get around to watching it. I think i only got to the 3rd season? when it was still airing on tv but maybe further. Either way, i wish i'd stop being a moron and just watch the damn thing because what could be better than crime-fighting shenanigans with a hapless nerd? If Bryan Fuller had made it.

You many select which of the assigned appendages you're required to part with but no dilly dallying, i've got human stew to make! I wonder which herbs go best with long pig...

thatdude said...

Season 4 can be a bit slow sometimes but I think overall the show is amazing, and I liked the ending even although everyone else bitched about it.
I usually watch it in bed because I've seen it before so don't mind if I fall asleep.

Ok my pinky and ring finger of my left hand.

Louise Boyd said...

I can't cook your ring finger, i might get smoten!

thatdude said...

Is that a Simpsons reference?

Cook the damn thing I care not.

Louise Boyd said...

Of course it's a Simpsons reference and to one of the all time best episodes! I miss when The Simpsons was good, it's just embarrassing now =/

thatdude said...

Yeah The Simpsons hasn't been good in about 10 years which is a damn shame, whats more a shame is that it's still on TV now.

Louise Boyd said...

I don't even watch anymore. They should swap it out for Bob's Burgers so i can actually watch more than season 1. Regional discrimination is severely harshing my tv mellow.

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.