billie eilish - wish you were gay

March 11, 2019


Which I kind of get?
But I think it's being misinterpreted.
Eilish isn't saying it'd be better if the guy rejecting her was gay because then he'd a valid reason for dumping her.
Because who wouldn't want her, right?
No, she's saying if he was gay then it wouldn't hurt so fucking much because it wasn't even anything to do with her.
It wasn't that he didn't want her.
It was that he didn't want any girl.
In Eilish's own words:

“The whole idea of the song is, it’s kind of a joke. It’s kind of like, ‘I’m an ass and you don’t love me.’ And you don’t love me because you don’t love me and that’s the only reason and I wish you didn’t love me because you didn’t love girls.”

Show me a human who's had an unrequited crush or a failed relationship and not felt that way.
Go on.
I dare you.

If I'm wrong, tell me.
I'm wrong about shit all the time!

© midnight hagette. Design by FCD.